PATRIOTS PARTY NATIONAL PLATFORM
Our platform is still growing as our members vote and approve new reforms. The state platforms may differ to include reforms more specific to that particular state as agreed upon by the members of that state.
The two-party system has failed us. The moment has come for all Patriots to come together for our mutual benefit to solve the problems that lie before us. The Patriots Party issues a clarion call to join our community of concerned Americans demanding change. The Patriots Party is a grassroots, broad-based, real political alternative to the special interest controlled Democrat and Republican parties. We invite you to help build America’s renewed future.
Our purpose is to chart a path to a government which truly does, as the preamble to the Constitution says, “establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.”
As always, the policies we advocate are in line with our core values of integrity, meritocracy and independent thinking. At the very heart of our endeavor is a firm embrace of the clearest, and highest, ethical standard. We start with an unshakable commitment to an ethical public life, and we draw the inspiration for our core beliefs from the United States Military Academy cadet honor code: a Patriot “will not lie, cheat, steal or tolerate those who do.”
Patriots Party elected officials and candidates for office who violate this simple code will be publicly disowned by the party. It is that simple.
In addition, as Patriots we are committed to a pragmatic, meritocratic, fact-based approach to problem solving which is neither clouded by rigid ideological dogma, nor corrupted by the influence of money.
With that, here are some of our positions on several of the key issues of the day.
We will ensure that we always place Americans’ best interest first and foremost in dealing with other nations. We must project strength, not aggression. We want trust, but we must always verify. We want fair trade, not one-sided deals that hurt American workers.
We will take care of the environment, diligently pursuing clean air and water as a national security priority and making renewable energy a priority.
Some of our core principles are:
- Our country and her people must come first in all things
- We oppose any terrorism this includes any who advocate harm to person or property
- We support our constitution including the protections of the 1st and 2nd amendments
- We are fiscally conservative in nature and respect the peoples’ money
- We support a robust education system that drives American innovation
- We demand lower cost higher quality healthcare for all Americans
- We uphold the rule of law
- We demand that our veterans are taken care of properly
- We believe that real solutions come from all Americans not just the elite
- Our registered members hold the power in our party no matter their status
- We demand that all of our candidates be honest and keep their word to the people
- When we debate we will stick to the issues not the individual
GOVERNMENT THAT WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE
- A complete public audit of all levels or our government unless deemed a national security risk.
- All offices/agencies must be clearly defined and have a mission statement.
- All offices/agencies must be streamlined and redundancies eliminated.
- Programs/offices/agencies that are unable to meet their stated mission must be redirected or ended based upon the needs of our nation.
- Future audits should be conducted every ten years rotating amongst departments.
- A new constitutional amendment must be passed to ensure that audits are transparent and conducted on time.
- We must invest in creativity and the arts to spur innovation.